As one of the most cultivated and consumed fruits in the world, apples are continuously being praised as a "miracle food".
"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" is an old Welsh proverb that most of us are familiar with, but what makes this fruit so special?
Apples are extremely rich in important antioxidants, Vitamin C, minerals such as calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, flavanoids, and dietary fiber. Apples contain almost no fat, sodium or cholesterol.
A wealth of research suggests that eating apples may impact your health in a number of beneficial ways:
- Brain Healt- reducing the risk of neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease
- Help reduce the risk of cancer
- Is linked to a decreased risk of stroke
- Heart Disease
- Diabetes- blood sugar regulation
- Lessen absorption of glucose from your digestive tract
- Stimulate beta cells in your pancreas to secrete insulin
- Increase uptake of glucose from your blood by stimulating insulin receptors
- and much more....
Like this content, help spread the knowledge. Share this.